Sunday, July 11, 2010

Walk in the Light

I've always loved the hymns. They rank pretty high up there on my favorite part about going to church. This afternoon's opening hymn was #304 Teach Me to Walk in the Light.

The last verse of the song stuck out to me today:
"Father in Heaven, we thank thee this day
For loving guidance to show us the way.
Grateful, we praise thee with songs of delight!
Gladly, gladly we'll walk in the light."

First, I like that we give thanks in this song and for such an important aspect of life, loving guidance. Second, as I mentioned earlier, I love the hymns and I like that the hymn uses the word 'grateful' as describing the manner in which we sing the songs as praises. Lastly, its a positive, encouraging thing to sing that gladly we will walk in the light.

A simple & basic song that today, for me, had a great impact on my life.

Happy Sunday!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment