Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Perfect Day...

It started last night...

I had some work to do so he went ahead and crawled into bed to get some sleep as he needed to wake up long before I did. We stared at each other, smiling, for a minute or two before he gently closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep. I watched as he slept for just a minute before returning to my work. Shortly after midnight, after brushing my teeth, I sat on the edge of the bed, resetting my alarms to be up early for another Monday. I turn around, softly kiss his cheek and slide into bed behind him. I reach my right arm around him, gently sliding it under his, and holding him tight for a brief second before allowing myself to relax and drift off to sleep as well.

He wakes up a little after 3:00 am, as is his routine, and I wake only briefly while he gets out of bed to head for the shower. Once dressed for work, looking as handsome as ever, he quietly leans down, kisses me goodbye and heads off to work. A couple of hours later I wake up, and check my phone to see what loving message he has left for me to find upon awakening. I reply with a simple smiley-hug and proceed with getting ready for the day. As I drive to work I briefly check in with him knowing that it will be a busy day and I won't have much of an opportunity to say hello for several hours. We exchange flirtatious salutations, wish each other well and the day continues.

Mid-afternoon he completes his work for the day, runs a few errands, and heads home where he patiently awaits my arrival. 5:00 can not come quick enough as my subconscious continually reminds me that the man of my dreams is waiting for me. I arrive home after work to find him there, as excited to see me as I am him. After a warm embrace and a kiss hello we proceed to talk about one another's day. We celebrate the successes the other had, acknowledge the frustrations and talk about what is coming up tomorrow. We eat dinner together, watch a little TV for a few minutes and then its once again time for him to get to bed.

The perfect day leads into yet another perfect night and then...again....

I wake up.

Perhaps someday my dreams will become a reality.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

  1. And it is the dream many of us wish more than anything will come true

    ReplyDelete