Monday, February 7, 2011

Covenants: what are we supposed to do now?

I attended Stake Conference yesterday. I love my Stake President. He's such an amazing, strong, smart, no-crap kind of guy. He & I don't always agree on everything but I generally appreciate his guidance.

During his teaching he make the comment that covenants help us put Christ in the center of our life. I agree. This got me thinking about what are we to do, those of us that have made choices that may not allow us to fully make/renew covenants on a regular basis with the Lord? Are we in a sense cut off from the option of receiving those certain blessings? I don't think so.

Sure we may not be able to partake of the Sacrament weekly or regularly attend the temple or serve in positions of service in the church but we're not cut off from God or Jesus Christ. What is stopping from us from making a covenant with Christ to simply improve one simple aspect of our life? I submit that the only thing stopping us, is us. He will always be there. He wants to bless us so badly that we sometimes don't deserve the blessings that we receive. However, if he can bless us as part of an option to make our life better, I have no doubt he would love that even more.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment: