Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sometimes you just have to ask yourself...

...WTH?  There are several interpretations for what this acronym means but this morning two specific ones are on my mind: What the heck? and Why the heck? (censored for your benefit).

What the heck?  Don't you just find yourself asking that question some days.  What the heck is going on?  The last few weeks have been filled to the brim, with some slight sloshing overboard, of mixed experiences that have my head completely swirling this morning.  If I didn't have a good reason to go running before, I certainly do today.  I'm tired of trying.  I'm tired of fighting an uphill battle.  I'm tired of the world and all of it's negativity and judgement and perceptions/assumptions and the gossip and the hatred and the closed-mindedness and the general lack of genuine, Christ-like love.  I'm not at all suicidal in the traditional sense.  I would, however, love to find a way to disappear and take a break from it all.  Perhaps today is a great day to bust out the mountain bike.

Why the heck?  Really gay mormons?  Yes, I did just use two terms that you hate in the same sentence and you know who you are.  I used to be really tired of the gay community that "simply" wanted equality but in all reality, they wanted to be first class citizens and the rest of the straight world should be second class citizens.  Now, I'm slowly being able to add more and more gay "mormons" specifically to a group that not only thinks they should be treated differently because their life is so hard with all of the challenges and struggles that they "choose" to overcome but they also feel that by "choosing" this they get to judge the rest of the world.  Get over yourselves!  You have absolutely no place to judge me or anyone else in this life.  Start using your gospel "saving" for accepting people, lifting them up and encouraging others to do their best.  Why the heck would you, who claim to have found some greater level of spirituality and peace with God & Jesus Christ, say and do things that would drive someone further from the gospel that brings you joy?  Think before you speak.  Put yourself in the shoes of the one you're writing to or speaking to.  Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

-andy

1 comment:

  1. I find it hard hearing and feeling that "pushing" from both sides. Those inside the church and those outside both trying to push you onto their side.

    ReplyDelete