We've all heard that right? That things happen in 3's. I'm hoping there's one more in a series of events of this week. If not, a really great thing from this past weekend may turn out to not be so great.
I had the pleasure (insert sarcastic smiley) of traveling for 11 days this month attending two conferences, visiting some clients, and catching up with really great friends. Towards the end of this trip I found myself with very little plans on a Saturday night. I was doing some browsing on a gay hook-up site (after your gasp, feel free to review my blog to learn more about my life) and met someone that really intrigued me. I found myself intrigued because of the genuineness of the individual and the physical attraction I felt towards him. Rather press for a hook-up I simply asked if he wanted to meet for dinner and then hang out in the hot tub at the hotel afterwards. I was going to jump in the shower to clean up from a run I recently completed (on the beach, go ahead and be jealous) and told him if he was interested to send me his number and I'd hit him up afterwards. He was interested.
We had such a great dinner. We ended up having way more in common than I could ever have imagined. It was really so great. We headed back to my hotel and continued enjoying each other's company in the hot tub until they closed the pool area for the night. He stuck around and hung out for a few more hours and I continued to be amazed and how comfortable I felt with him and how infatuated I was becoming. Through some of our discussions, it appeared to me that he too was feeling some of the same things I was experiencing. I had planned to leave that city the next day and make my way closer to the airport I'd be flying out of the day after but after some discussion with him, decided that I would stay one more day there to spend more time with him. What a great evening.
The following day I slept in which felt great. I'll spare everyone the details of the day but will sum it up by saying: we didn't hang out. I was pretty bummed. I still had a great day doing some sight-seeing, visiting a war memorial, exploring the temple grounds of a beautiful temple, even had dinner with another great guy from the area. However, at the end of the day, I missed seeing him. This has been a tough thing for me to not go crazy with this week since coming home but I've managed to so far not reach out to him again. After talking with a good friend about it I've decided to give it until this weekend before I try to give him a call or text him again. He's supposed to be visiting this area where I live next week for Thanksgiving and it would be so great to see him again. If not, he will be the first of three things that are the same and I'll look forward to the end of a series of unfortunate events.
-andy
No comments:
Post a Comment