I just caught this story http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7116586 and I'm so extremely disappointed. I'd be very curious to hear what they were trying to accomplish? When will people realize that we should not be expecting the church to change it's stance on gay marriage? The church has tried hard, in my opinion, to be respectful to the homosexual community and it's time they start receiving some respect in return.
I agree that we need to be respectful toward the church in order to get respect in return. However, I don't see how a kiss on the cheek while walking home through temple square is disrespectful. They probably didn't need to put up a fuss when security came, but still, the action of kissing was not at all disrespectful in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteUntil we see video of what happened it's a they said they said. Was it just a peck? Were they being rude. Were they thrown to the ground?
ReplyDeleteWho knows. Hopefully we can have hard evidence soon.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCaptain Midnight - I guess my point is simply why would they do that on Temple Square knowing full well that outcome of that choice. While I totally agree with you that a kiss on the cheek is generally not disrespectful, on private property where the views of the owner are made pretty clear, it seemed to me that they deliberately made that choice and should have fully been aware of the potential consequences. Then, to be of, in my opinion, further disrespect and not leave when asked seems so counter productive to what so many gay members of the church are trying to get the members of the church to quit referencing as a stereotype. There are so many people in the world who complain about not being treated equally and not be respected but really? How respectful was that? Would it have been to much to further their walk to City Creek Park just across the street where it's an actual public place?
ReplyDeleteI purposefully didn't read any of the comments on this story on ksl's website because I get tired of the constant bashing of the church from the gay community and the bashing of the gay community by ignorant, close minded members of the church. Am I trying to preach world peace here? Perhaps. More importantly I am would love for more people in the world to use their heads and think. Far to often the old adage of "ignorance is bliss" is abused not by ignorant people but by idiots and those too arrogant to have an open mind.