Saturday, June 6, 2009

Update #4: Social Life

Unless this is the first post you're reading on my blog you'll know that I stay very busy. I never really have very social because I am busy with work or family or just spending time alone which I enjoy. The past few weeks have been both some of the toughest that I can remember and also some of the most amazing weeks. Several months ago a few friends and I hung out and played some games and ate dinner and had a great time. About 6 weeks ago I hung out with this same group (minus a couple of the guys) again and had a great time. I went to hang out thinking to myself that I could easily date one of the guys but afterwards feeling very much against it simply for personality conflict reasons. Two weeks ago I was supposed to go to Vegas to meet up with a friend that was flying in from Canada meeting some other friends and we were going to hang out Saturday night and then I'd come home Sunday. I really didn't want to go alone so I sent my friend a text asking if I could get the number of one of the other guys that we hung out with because he seemed pretty cool. I was intrigued by this guy but didn't ever really think about dating him. I finally got his number from my friend around 4:30 pm. He couldn't go to Vegas with me which was okay because I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to go anyway. We did, however, end up texting over 150 times between 4:30 and 12:30 am when I went to his place to hang out.

It's now been a little over two weeks since we first starting hanging out and we haven't missed a day yet. My upcoming vacation to California for 6 days is going to be interesting. I already miss him. He's an amazing person. He has helped me be a better person already and I love spending time with him. We have so much in common with our personalities, thoughts, actions, desires, goals for life etc. I'm not sure what exactly the future holds but for now we are enjoying spending as much time together as we can.

It's interesting, my parents really don't seem to be cool with me finding a guy to date. However, this past week, I had a very interesting and distinct impression that with some mutual respect they would be okay with me bringing this guy home to visit. I know they'd like him. I know that if they'll allow themselves, they'll be able to accept him as part of my life. I can't remember a time when I've fallen so quickly and deeply head over heals for someone. This man is so many things that I wanted for my life and more. I'm excited for the potential experiences with him and hope to able to share a few of them with you all.

Wish me luck!
Andy

1 comment:

  1. Andy! I'm so glad that you have been updating us on your life. I'm so happy that things are turning up for you and that you feel happy. That's so great.

    ReplyDelete