A couple of weeks ago I headed to Las Vegas for a business conference. I'm not the biggest fan of Vegas but I was looking forward to going to this conference. On the second night of this conference I met someone online. We messaged for a while that evening and then spent a good portion of the next day texting and getting to know each other. We both were fully aware that I was just visiting and would be heading back to Salt Lake in a couple of days but it was nice to have met someone genuinely interested in getting to know me rather than someone simply interested in my sexual preferences. I had things going on that evening in conjunction with the conference so we decided to meet for dinner the following evening. What an amazing person this guy is. I won't go into too much detail but how glad I am to have met him and been able to get to know him some.
The following Friday, a couple of days later, I attended a leadership conference which was very motivating and inspiring. During that conference, Dave Ramsey spoke and talked some about what it is we will be known for in our life. He brought up the fact that on our headstone will be two dates: the date we're born and the date we die. The question then becomes, what does the dash/hyphen between the two dates symbolize for our life? My thoughts instantly turned to this amazing guy I met in Vegas. He has accomplished some incredible things during his life so far.
Am I doing things in my life to create value so that when the time comes, there will be plenty of discussion behind that dash?
No comments:
Post a Comment