Monday, May 23, 2011

Uneasy

There have been certain times in life when I just feel uneasy.  Right now is one of those.  Part of the feeling is that of not really belonging in the various circles to which my life seems to bounce between.  I'm not 100% sure what's been causing this latest round of uneasiness but I'm pretty sure that no one can fix it.  Not even me.  In an odd, peculiar way, I'm okay with it.  

As I sit and think about things, I really don't belong in the majority or the circles with which I associate.  I belong to 3 "gay LDS" groups on facebook and I'd leave each one of them right now except for the fact that due to their nature, if I leave the group I can't be added to them again.  I don't belong with full fellowship in my ward.  I certainly don't belong in the gay community.  I spent a great evening with my family tonight and while yes, they're my family, there's a part of me that doesn't feel totally accepted by them either because my life isn't going in the same direction as they would like to see it.

I'm generally a very confident, self-sustaining individual but at times, even I must admit to myself that life isn't always as great as I think it is.  I hate it.  However, experience tells me that this too shall pass and with any luck, I'll be grateful for going through yet another round of uneasiness.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean by not feeling a belonging... and it sucks :( I'm sorry. But you're right.. "this too shall pass" .. It always does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy, I'm glad you recognize this as part of a cycle. I go through them as well. A feeling of not belonging is tough. You will always belong amongst my friends. Love you man!

    ReplyDelete