This morning while the sacrament was being passed, I took a few minutes to read a couple of scriptures associated with the sacrament hymn (#172, In Humility, Our Savior). One of the scriptures was found in 2nd Nephi. I continued reading beyond the scripture referenced and came across the following verse:
8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise.
http://lds.org/scriptures/bofm/2-ne/2.7?lang=eng#
As I read this, it reminded me of the importance of maintaining a healthy balance of the gospel in my life. Sure, its a benefit to me personally but I have my testimony and its strong. However, I think its even more important for those of us with a strong desire to keep the gospel in our lives to do so. How great the potential is for us to influence others by our simple, Christ-like actions.
Happy Sunday Everyone!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Happy Sabbath to you Andy!
ReplyDelete