So, I'm sure we are all aware of a few of the groups out there on facebook that try to serve one purpose or another. A friend and I were discussing a few of them recently and decided that while they are good groups and serve their stated purpose, there wasn't really a place for those of us that don't have a desire to leave the gospel nor do we have a desire to put aside the fact that we are gay. Thus, a new group has been established.
Gays In Latter Days is a group that encourages a balance of adherence to the teachings of Jesus Christ and the restoration with developing the confidence and strength to be who we are: children of God. In doing so, we seek to establish a meeting place, both virtual and actual, for those individuals who espouse similar views.
Additionally, we hope to establish a setting where we can discuss our views, share our struggles, and celebrate our good fortunes with each other.
As brothers and sisters in this journey of life, we strive to heed the counsel of Alma "...to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another's burdens, that they may be light; Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God..."
If you'd like an invitation to the group let me know!!
Andy
What exactly does it mean to "have a desire to put aside the fact that we are gay" ?
ReplyDeleteGood question Jake. There seems a group of individuals working to lose any associate regarding the fact that they're gay. I don't think this is a healthy way to live life. I certainly am not doing what could consider the opposite and fully embracing the fact that I'm gay but it's a part of who I am and it's something that I feel is better balanced in our lives than put aside.
ReplyDeleteIm interested to see what the group is like.
ReplyDeleteIf I forget, please remind me to talk with you about this at the fireside. I'd like to know more.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Steve