Tonight, I'm attending a concert provided by the Salt Lake Men's Choir held at the First Baptist Church. The concert was phenomenal as I anticipated it would be. I experienced an interesting thing tonight, however. The choir so far has sang a mixture of traditional holiday songs as well as Christmas hymns. As much as I have enjoyed the songs I didn't experience the spiritual fulfillment that I had hoped to experience even on a small level. I think that in part, it was due to the location in which the event was held. This caused me to ponder a little the fact that on most signs at LDS church buildings is written "Visitors Welcome".
Are they? I wonder how different the experience would have been had this concert tonight been held in an LDS chapel. Perhaps it wouldn't have been any different at all.
I submit that we as members of the church could perhaps be less concerned with judging those that walked into our church buildings but rather be more focused on living a life that invites the spirit & trying to be more Christ-like. If we can find a way to do this, I'd be willing to bet that we would be a more loving society both in & out of the church.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
No comments:
Post a Comment