Monday, April 9, 2012

If it talks like a _____ and acts like a ______ .....

....then it must be a _________.  Most of you have mentally placed the word "duck" in those blanks and you're correct. I do as well. I also, however, put the word "friend" in those blanks. Tonight, at the close of this Easter Sunday, I'm grateful for my friend Duck. You see, I didn't post it for everyone to read but my dear friend Duck called me out on something tonight that I needed to be called out on and I'm very grateful.

Duck, you my friend are one of a kind. A rare gem in this world of shiny rocks that are just that, shiny, but not truly gems. Thank you for reminding me and setting the example of what it means to be a true friend. I know that I need all of the help I can get and I hope to do a better job of keeping you on my side. I appreciate tremendously the support you are. I hope that everyone is so lucky to have a "duck" in their life. 

-andy

Sent from my BlackBerry® PlayBook™


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Andy. :)

    And, I was not trying to call you out- just telling you my side of the story, why it felt like I was not around.

    I think you are an amazing man. I appreciate the friendship you have always shown me. It means a lot to me. I have appreciated your kindness and support.

    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duck, you're so incredible. There are a small handful of people that have left life lasting impressions on me and you, my dear sweet friend are one of them.

    Thank you for your words of encouragement and your constant well wishes and supporting thoughts even when we haven't been in communication.

    Happy day indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete