Monday, August 13, 2012

Marriage

I wrote the blog post below a little over a week ago but kept it on my phone as a draft.  Tonight, I find myself really not enjoying being single.  I have a pretty great life...and incredible family...some really great close friends....and yet, that doesn't seem to be enough.  For now, I'm grateful for good friends like the one I talk about below that I was able to attend her marriage and share in their happiness.

It is not a secret at all that I have not been a big fan of gay marriage. This has mostly been because I'm supportive of not changing the traditional definition of marriage between one woman and one man. This could perhaps be a bigger internal conflict for me than was accepting myself as being gay.


This past weekend I attended a wedding for a very close, very dear friend. This was a Catholic oriented ceremony taking place at a country club in Toronto. It was such a wonderful ceremony for two individuals who truly love each other. Yes, this was an incredible man taking one of the most amazing women to be his wife and how inspiring the two of them were. Never have I wanted more to be married and experience the similar joys evident through them.  Could something similar be achieved through a type of commitment ceremony? Yes, perhaps so. I hope someday to experience something so great.

I love, love. 

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment