It's late and it's been a long, busy few days but there's something stirring around my mind. I've long been a fan of vulnerability and have written a few posts about it. Vulnerability is something that I think is required for growth and good things to happen.
One of the things that I haven't really given much thought to is the idea of "sitting" with vulnerability. When I normally consider the idea of being vulnerable it's more action-related. I'm making a decision to "put myself out there" for one reason or another but generally it's tied to a certain event of some sort and then it's over. Right now, however, at this minute, I'm working on being okay with just being vulnerable with a fairly large portion of my life. I'm not exactly sure why I'm feeling particularly vulnerable right now with this aspect of life but dang it's quite present. The reason behind this is most likely better sorted out in a different post. For now, I needed to state, for myself more than anything, that I'm okay with being vulnerable right now and that by doing so, I'm opening myself to some incredible joy and happiness or some pretty tough times. I continue believing that great things are truly only able to happen when you allow yourself to be vulnerable, take some chances, and do your best to generate good things in your life. I hope I'm right. :)
Andy
No comments:
Post a Comment