Monday, February 1, 2010

I'm alive...

This weekend I had the chance to go on a little road trip and see some amazing people that I'm lucky to call my friends.  While doing this I purchased a few new country songs that I really enjoyed listening to.  One of these songs is by Kenny Chesney with Dave Matthews called I'm Alive.  Some of the lyrics are as follows:

So damn easy to say that life's so hard

Everybody's got their share of battle scars
As for me I'd like to thank my lucky stars that
I'm alive and well

It'd be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you've sat and watch go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me....I'm alive

And today you know that's good enough for me
Breathing in and out's a blessing can't you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
And I'm alive and well

I listened to this song quite a bit this weekend.  It has such a great message.  One of my favorite lines in this song is "Today's the first day of the rest of my life" because when you stop and think about it...this is so true every day that you wake up.  By now you've hopefully noticed that the song has been playing while you've been reading this and hopefully you'll take a few minutes to pause, and count your blessings, as I have done, realizing that while none of our lives are by any means perfect, we're alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment