Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A message to women...

I have shared quite a bit from "Broken Things to Mend" on this blog but I have done so when I have felt touched and inspired and tonight is no exception. I wish to share a very touching message that though it was not addressed to me, as I am a man, I can appreciate the address that was shared from an Apostle of Jesus Christ to the daughters of our Heavenly Father:
"First of all, I want you to be proud you are a woman. I want you to feel the reality of what that means, to know who you truly are. You are literally a spirit daughter of heavenly parents with a divine nature and an eternal destiny. That surpassing truth should be fixed deep in your soul and be fundamental to every decision you make as you grow into mature womanhood. There could never be a greater authentication of your dignity, your worth, your privileges, and your promise. Your Father in Heaven knows your name and knows your circumstance. He hears your prayers. He knows your hopes and dreams, including your fears and frustrations. And He knows what you can become through faith in Him.
Because of this divine heritage, you, along with all of your spiritual sisters and brothers, have full equality in His sight and are empowered through obedience to become a rightful heir in His eternal kingdom, an heir of God and joint-heir with Christ."
I have five sisters and a mother who I care deeply about. I don't know if growing up with all of those girls made me more emotional or not but I find it very easy for me to care for women. I absolutely hate to see a girl cry (unless it's in a sappy movie and then it's okay). This goes the same when dear female friends of mine are hurting.

To you women, you blessed daughters of our Heavenly Father: Please take to heart these words spoken by one called of God to share this message. Please do not ever, ever doubt the love that your Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother have for you. Please do not ever doubt the unconditional love that our Savior and brother is willing to offer to you. You are tremendous. You are inspiring. You make my life so much better than it would be without you. You ARE his daughter!

3 comments:

  1. I love you Andy. I feel the same way about women...and the way you described your sisters and mother, that's how I feel about mine. I'll do anything to protect and love and comfort them...and Hillary. ;) Thank you for posting this. For some reason, it really touched me and made me feel really wonderful. Love you man. Have a great Thursday. Thank you for everything Andy. You're more helpful than you know. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post, Andy. You are a good man and I appreciate that you support and love women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me. I need to hear this message every day!

    ReplyDelete