Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday night...

It's late Sunday night and another week is about to begin. As I sit and look at my room, I'm somewhat disappointed in the state of it. I have some clothes I need to put away. My shoes are not in the closet put away where they belong. I have this discombobulated desk that I don't want to touch (yes, I know I just cleaned it but life happens to it in a bad way :(...oh well).

However, I had a decent week. I got a lot done at my full-time job and even though I'm by no means caught up, I feel okay about where I'm at there. My part-time job is becoming pretty stressful due to some factors that are out of my control which should hopefully get resolved over the next two or three weeks. The most disappointing thing for me, though, is that I will not be able to go home and visit my parents this coming weekend as I had planned. I was so looking forward to seeing them. Last night, after I had worked 12 hours at my part-time job, I was thinking about everything going on and I had to change the subject, mentally, because it was becoming a bit to much for me to handle emotionally. I don't know why. I haven't ever been this upset about not being able to go home before but I really have been looking forward to seeing my parents. I talked with them tonight on the phone for close to an hour and it was so nice. I haven't talked with my dad that long since almost Christmas.

The bottom line for my life right now seems to be this: I am blessed. My life may not be exactly how I want it to be but perhaps, and rightfully so, it's how it needs to be for today. I get the chance to spend 8 hours volunteering at the Draper Temple Open House tomorrow and will be trying to squeeze in between 5 & 6 hours of work as well so it will be a long day but I'm looking forward to it. I had a great time with some great guys Friday night attending a production in Orem and while we didn't spend as much time together as I would have liked, I am very appreciative for the time we were able to spend together.

Thank you to you all for your friendship. I updated my email address in my profile with an email account that I use more frequently so feel free to use that should you want to email me.

Much love,
Andy

3 comments:

  1. Andy, you crack me up. You are good natured to "play my game." :) And, I bet your discombobulated desk is really not that bad. LOL

    I am sorry you will not get to go home and see you family. I can feel your sadness and disappointment. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope you will get to go home again sooner than later.

    Thank you for your love and support. I will send an e-mail. :)
    Duck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a pretty crazy schedule (as usual). I have been there in the past, but am grateful to be in more of a relaxed routine at the moment - although I have been up since 5 am this moring -.-

    At any rate, I hope you find a few moments of peace during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy, I am not feeling as brave as I was last night with I was "going to help with the discombobulated desk." I am not ready for you to read about the "desk", if you catch my drift. I am sorry. I have been thinking about it all day. I am a wimp.

    Good luck with the open house! I hope you stay warm and safe. I do not know how you find the time to do everything you do! When I was younger, as you are NOW, I worked two jobs, went to school, coached, and I don't remember what else. It is nice to come to a point in one's life when you don't HAVE to do so much. I am impressed with your work ethic and your desires to get out of debt. As the Brits say, "Good on ya!" :)

    Your friend, Duck.

    ReplyDelete