I'm disappointed that the Common Ground Initiatives didn't pass the Utah legislature. However, even as disappointed as I am about that, I am FAR more disappointed in the blabbering idiots that comment on the KSL boards about it. So many Utahns are so closed minded regarding these common ground initiatives and it's really disheartening. I hope that at some point they are faced with an experience that gives them reason to be better.
I'm bummed that I will be working this next Fast Sunday and can't include something about this in my testimony....maybe in April.
People who comment on internet sites are absolutely the most...
ReplyDeleteoh wait...
yeah I better not go there =p
Andy, living in Idaho, I haven't followed much the ground initiative....only on KSL :) I am a bit disappointed that the church said what rights they do support in the whole prop 8 debate and now say nothing in Utah.
ReplyDeleteI do feel that individual hearts are slowly changing, and hopefully that will spread.
Don't get too down man. You can always bring a smile to your face remembering your Idaho roots and friends.
I am also incredibly dissapointed that the common ground initiatives didn't make it out of commity. however, I am absolutely convinced we will see MUCH more ligislative movement in ths same directions next year and years to come. This is just teh beginning. Utahns are very narrow-minded but they may see the light eventually. I'm trying to be posivitive and not bitter about it.
ReplyDeleteI love and charish my faith in God and in his gospel I know the LDS church holds the keys to the restoration and the true kingdom of God, but heaven help them. . .lol. I am sure a loving savior would have some dissapointments in the way his true followers have been (mis)behavingthese past few years