Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tune my heart to sing thy grace.....

Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.

Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it,
Mount of Thy redeeming love.

Sorrowing I shall be in spirit,
Till released from flesh and sin,
Yet from what I do inherit,
Here Thy praises I'll begin.

I'm sitting up in Logan at a Sacrament meeting and while wondering the church before this meeting began another ward had this song sung as a musical number. I love this song. Its very fitting for where I feel I am right now. I try so very hard to stay fixed upon the mount of redeeming love but still, my spirit continues to sorrow until I will be released from this flesh and sin. Until then, here, my praises unto him will begin.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

  1. I love "Come Thou Fount" as well. It is my number one favorite Hymn. It moves me. I have often found comfort in knowing that a great and honored lyricist felt the same way I feel sometimes. Glad you feel the same way too Andy.

    ReplyDelete