Saturday, February 14, 2009

New thought

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

  1. Interesting thought. As frustrated as I have been this week watching the news and hearing the arguments for the sanctity of marriage in Utah, it has been more troubling as I consider Scott's sister's silence following an email response he sent to her early last week.

    But instead of dwelling on that, it is a good reminder that I need to NOT be silent. Thanks Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy, I hope you never hear my silence. I love you and care about you. I am always here for you. Lean on me sometimes so I don't feel so guilty for leaning on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duck, thanks for checking in. I am doing well thanks. I hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day knowing that many of us love you!

    Sarah, it has been an interesting experience watching everything unfold. My views have become more vocal mainly to myself lately and that has added some additional internal struggle that I haven't experienced before. What I got out of this quote was that it often best to not say anything to our friends but rather let our silence do the speaking for us. I don't believe this means we should sit idly by and watch things around take place but when it comes down to helping or hindering, sometimes the best example is the quietest. Thanks so much for all that you and Scott have done for me without even knowing.

    Bravone, your silence is my favorite. I think it because I know you well enough and have been able to become close enough to you that I know the positive effects of your silence. I know that you have so much on your mind and that I am a part of that and though it is hard sometimes to feel like you are a burden to someone, it is always very comforting to know that one cares about you. Lean on me as often as you need and I will do the same...that's what brothers are for. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's such a cool quote. It's the first time that I've heard it, but I think it's totally correct. Love ya man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quote kind of reminds me of another. "If you do not understand my silence, you will not understand my words."

    ReplyDelete