I wanted to post this in a separate post because while it's somewhat related to the other post, I feel it's more separate. I watched two movies tonight while I was cleaning up some stuff. The first was the last half of Once. I had started this movie a while ago and needed to finish it up. I'm sorry right now for spoiling it for anyone that hasn't seen it but wants to but they don't end up together at the end. I was so disappointed. I hated the way it ended but it was also good at the same time. The movie overall was incredible I thought.
The other movie I watched tonight was Save Me. Very interesting. I added it to my netflix a few days ago and decided to watch it tonight. For those of you who have never heard of it it's pretty religious based. Not necessarily LDS based but Christian based. Basically this couple run a program called Genesis House where gay men go to find Jesus which in a sense cures them of being gay, or at least helps them deal with it. There was a part in the movie where the guy that runs the house wouldn't let this boy read a book with his legs crossed. I almost turned the movie off but decided to keep watching. As the show goes on, a relationship starts to develop within the group. One of the two guys ends up leaving the house. The hardest part for me was seeing the visible pain on both of their faces as these events transpired. The movie ends (and I'm sorry for spoiling another movie but oh well) with him coming back to the house to get the other guy to move away somewhere. As the other guy is about to get into the pickup with him, the lady running the house comes out to say goodbye and she wishes him good luck and reminds him to find Jesus. He looks at her and says something along the lines of, "I already have". Perhaps I'm missing the intended meaning of this movie but it was good for me to see that this gay couple was religious, or at least spiritual. So many people, both gay and straight, have in their mind that if you're spiritual, you would never be happy with a partner and that along the same lines, if you have a partner there's no way you could be spiritual.
I have found Jesus. I have found my Heavenly Father. I have found their true gospel. I am grateful that I have been able to separate the gospel from the church and keep a balance of the church in my life. I am perhaps more grateful that I will not be the final judge at the last day. I was showering at the gym this weekend when I became so emotional over the thought of either being alone my whole life so that I can be married in the next life and have a family or of having a partner in this life and risk not being able to marry in the next life. How thankful I am for a loving heavenly father who knows of my imperfections and chooses to continue to bless me.
I hope that everyone who reads this blog knows how much they are loved by those not of this world. Be patient. Be faithful. Be yourself.
Andy, I just want to reach through cyberspace and give you a huge huggggg. My heart goes out to you. The choices before you are so difficult to make. The only comfort I have is knowing that Father loves you and that you love Him.
ReplyDeleteI pray that you will feel his presence and love for you. In your alone moments, I pray you will feel his loving arms wrapped around you.
I love you so much man! You really mean the world to me!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you are figuring things out about yourself and what you believe. I need to do that too.
Dear Andy,
ReplyDeleteI, too, would like to reach through cyberspace and give you big hugs.
I understand your feelings exactly.
May you feel comforted in knowing you are a wise man- willing to give up something good now for something better later.
I admire, respect, and love you. May you feel Heaven's love envelop and sustain you.
Happy day. :)