I'm sitting at my parents house up in Idaho. I really didn't want to come up here this weekend because i wanted a break for myself. However, being up here, and even on the drive up, I felt really good about being up here. It's nice to come home. In a lot of ways, home is such a relative term. I feel at home in different ways in many places. I feel at home here because it's my parent's house. It's the house where my family calls home now. It's a place where I'm supposed to feel "safe" from things in my life.
I feel at home in my apartment because it's "my home". I'm able to go home from work and be in my space with my things and feel like I'm living. I feel at home in my apartment because I'm able to feel accomplished in my life partly because of the material things that I own but also because I am in my own apartment.
I feel at home when I attend Sacrament meeting and not because of anything that I feel my ward does but because that is where my Heavenly Father sends his spirit to be with me. I feel his love. I feel his comforting arms embracing me. I feel strengthened spiritually. I feel at home.
I feel at home when I'm in the mountains. Whether I'm skiing, snowboarding, hiking, camping, or just sitting on a rock next to a flowing waterfall, I'm home in God's creation. He created this earth and all things on it so why would I not feel at home on it.
How blessed I feel. I hope this Easter Sunday we all have a chance to reflect a little bit about the blessings that are ours thanks to our Heavenly Father. What a great day that will be when we have the chance to "home" to our Heavenly parents. How great that day will be when we have the chance to feel at home eternally.
No comments:
Post a Comment