Thursday, April 9, 2009

Halo

Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light.

This has become one of my favorite songs recently.  I've listened to it numerous times.  I feel very passionate regarding this song and it's mostly because I can feel it....

Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your grace
Baby I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace.

You're everything I need and more,
It's written all over your face
Baby I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away.

I'm not sure if it's because I "want" to feel this or if it's because I actually do but I hear this song and it moves me.  I know it's cheesy but it does.  The odd thing is that there isn't necessarily one person in my life that I think of when I hear this song.  There are so many people that come to my mind when I hear this song and for so many reasons.  I could go through and name you individually but I'd probably leave one out and offend someone and also, it's late.  However, there are some of you that support me regardless of anything I do.  Some of you allow me to support you in your tough times.  Some of you are always there for me when I'm a mess and need someone to talk me through things.  Some of you are so inspirational in your writings and in your example and your lives that I can hardly wait sometimes for our paths to cross again however the format for the crossing is.  Some of you are silent and provide a point of reference for me.  Some of you are in many of these categories.  I could go on.

I'm grateful for your individual and collective "halo" that I am blessed with in my life.  You are all so incredibly amazing.  My life a year ago was an interesting thing as I look back on it now.  What an adventure this has been, life, and I'm so grateful to have such great friends.

I love you all.  May your halo, as tarnished as you may think it gets, never fade away.

Andy

2 comments:

  1. Dear Andy,
    It is so good to hear from you. :) I loved your post. And, I love you. I hope you are doing alright. I hope work, family, and life are treating you well.

    I am doing alright- recovering from my foot reconstruction. Hopefully I will be walking again in the next few weeks. :)

    Take care!
    I am, as always, your friend.
    Duck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy, I certainly feel your light and am so grateful for our friendship. I love your nonjudgmental, unconditional friendship. You have saved me more than once. I love you Andy.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete