This past Sunday morning I woke up early and headed to Spanish Fork Canyon to go hiking with a friend. There was supposed to be a group of guys going on this hike but it ended up being just one other

guy and myself. Saturday night it was raining pretty hard and I sent him a text wondering if we were still going or not. He didn't respond so I went to bed with the intention of getting up early just in case we were still going. I woke up to a text message from him indicating he was still hoping to go if I was to which I agreed. We met up in Spanish Fork and then rode in his Jeep up to the trail head. It was raining most of the way which wasn't real encouraging but we decided that we'd have a great time regardless of the weather. The hike up the canyon was pretty wet but it was beautiful. One of the great things about the weather conditions is that it kept most of the other people away.
This was the view as we came around a corner over a hill. The entire hike followed the river up the canyon until we came to this. It was abs

olutely amazing to see this. We continued hiking up the canyon to get to the top of the waterfalls where the hot pools were. This was one of the hot pools that was on top of the waterfalls. There were two pools right next to each other. This was the hotter of the two and the water from this pool went into the other pool to keep it heated but just a little cooler than this one. We stayed in the pools for probably an hour or so just relaxing and enjoy the peace and quiet of the mountains. It snowed most of the time while we were in the pools which added an extra element of peace for me.
I really had an amazing time. It was just what I needed for my weekend and for my life. I

would love to go back up there again and as odd as it seems, I'd prefer some stormy weather like we had to help keep some of the people away. I think the best for me was being away from all of the hustle and bustle that I get so accustomed to. Tonight I was thinking about my week thus far and since Monday morning I figured I have managed to work at least 67 hours and still have tomorrow to go! I get so used to my life just always going and going and going that moments like this, when I'm away from everything "busy", I am really able to appreciate my life and my blessings. Another great result of this hike was that of making a new friend. I had a great chance to get to know someone that I hadn't known previously and left Spanish Fork Sunday afternoon a better person for doing so. There are a lot of really great people in the world. Sometimes we just need to be patient enough to let ourselves find them.
awesome!
ReplyDeleteI felt more relaxed just reading the post and remembering similar experiences in my life. Glad you made a new friend too. Take care buddy.
ReplyDelete