I meant to post these pics earlier but I've been extremely busy with work and life and haven't had a chance to do so.
I went to Music & the Spoken Word a couple of weeks ago and stuck around Temple Square afterwards to snap a few pics. It was an amazing day and I'm so glad I stayed.
The performance was great as always. I was supposed to have a friend with me that I had recently met but he ended up oversleeping. He called me from Orem at 8:45 as he was waking up and so I ended up going by myself. As much as I was looking forward to going with someone, I
Brigham Young Park was cool I thought but mostly because of this picture. I really like a lot of how it made me feel about the sacrifice that so many people have made for me. I think about my mom and how hard she works for our family and I have no doubt that had it been asked, she would be just like the woman in this statue, out working in the field, attempting to do her part to help take care of those around her. Along with that thought I'm pretty sure I'd be just like that little boy playing in the mud and water while she was working. I still do that now so chances are pretty good it would have been happening back then. If you've never been to this park you should really make it a point to stop by next time you're near Temple Square. As you walk further into the park it gets quieter and quieter and I really enjoyed the few moments I spent in this park that Sunday morning.
I crossed the street
Overall, it was a very nice break for the mundane-ness of life. I had hoped to not spend as much time writing this so as to allow myself more time to post about another experience I had recently but it's pretty late and it's been a long week. I will finish with a few simple words....I'm happy. Do I have everything I want? No, but I'm happy. I'm glad that I don't have everything that I want, to a certain degree, because it helps keep me aware of how great my life truly is. I'm grateful to live in Sandy where I'm close by Temple Square and can go as often as I'd like and have experiences such as this. I hope they continue to come.
Beautiful pictures Andy. Thank you. Again, your gratitude for the blessings of life are great indicators of the fine man you are. Love you.
ReplyDeletethanks andy for the comment on my last post :)
ReplyDelete