This morning I woke up later than I generally like to in order to arrive at Music & the Spoken Word on time and after a brief argument with myself, I was getting ready to hurry up to Temple Square. How glad I am that I did. The songs that were on the radio as I sped up here seemed to be conveying a message to me of the importance of focusing on the Savior.
I'll admit I wasn't as totally enthralled with the program today as I have been in the past but the opening & closing lines of the Spoken Word touched me: " It has been wisely noted that having one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow is a rather unstable position. The best way to face the future, it seems, is to keep both feet in today.....The present becomes the past in a moment, so before it does, make the most of it. The future, which is really just the unfolding of the present, is bright for those who take the time, as the proverb counsels, to 'ponder the path of [your] feet'.". Those encouraging words regarding living in the present serve as a great reminder of something which I often struggle to do.
As I begin 2010 I hope to write to this blog more. I read others' writings on here often and so enjoy the thoughts & experiences shared. My desire for increased writing, however, is not for any of you, but rather for me. My desire for increased writing comes from a longing that my heart has to be able to verbally (in written form) work through the issues of day-to-day life; to be able to publicly acknowledge & celebrate my successes; and, by the same token, document my failures so that I may be able to remember the lessons I hopefully learn from life.
May each you also find some time to "ponder the path of [your] feet" this new year so that your future may be bright.
I so look forward to reading of your lives and sharing with you of mine.
Happy New Year!
Andy
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Great message Andy. I hope we both will make progress this year as we 'ponder the path of our feet.' You sincerity and yearning for the spirit are an inspiration to me.
ReplyDelete