Sunday, June 13, 2010

Justice, love & mercy...

"How great, how glorious, how complete,
Redemption's grand design,
Where justice, love, and mercy meet
In harmony divine!"
(Hymn #195)

Justice, love & mercy...three very key elements of the everlasting gospel.

Justice. Alma 41:3 tells us that "...it is requisite with the justice of God that men should be judged according to their works;". Requisite. We will be judged at least partially on our works. It's required by the justice of God. The blessing is, and how wonderful of a blessing this is, that "...if their works were good in this life, and the desires of their hearts were good, that they should also, at the last day, be restored unto that which is good.". I read quite a few scriptures about justice before coming upon this one. I felt such a peace about this thought knowing that if I try to do good in this life, and strive to keep the desires of my heart good, then I will be restored unto good at the last day.

Love. I think its safe to say that we have a general understanding of the love of God & Jesus Christ. If you think to yourself that God doesn't love you please email/chat with me and I will promise any of you that I can help you find at least 3 ways that God has shown he loves you.

Mercy. The very word "mercy" brings peace to me. Perhaps its because my whole life I have associated this word with a meaning & understanding of hope and forgiveness but it's a comforting thought for me...mercy.

I look forward to the day when, as this verse says, "...justice, love, and mercy meet in harmony divine".

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment