Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Glitter In The Air...

I've always been a big fan of Pink (the artist though I look amazing in Pink but for this blog post we'll reference the artist). Recently she came out with a slower song which she doesn't usually do and I loved it from the moment I heard it. She sings the following lines that I think most everyone can relate to at some point in their life:
"Have you ever hated yourself for staring at the phone?
Your whole life waiting on the ring to prove you're not alone"
I know I've done that. I've thought to myself, if I'll just get that phone call or that text message or that email it will prove that I'm wanted...that someone likes me...that I'm needed. And it never comes.

I've been there and it's nice to not be there anymore. Sure we all have our moments and out downtime but it's nice to feel better about myself so that those moments are fewer.

To those either experiencing the feelings right now, or those that experience often the feelings that Pink describes as:
"Have you ever held your breath and asked yourself
Will it ever get better than tonight?"
I assure you it will. You're not alone. There is a very good chance that someone you know, someone very close to you has felt the way you feel right now. Reach out to your friends. Be honest with your friends about how you're feeling and you will see, that soon, it will get better.

3 comments:

  1. talking to anyone in particular? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me want to reach through the computer and hug you! I can relate to the words of the song, and also know the happiness that a simple text or call can bring.

    Love you Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been having that feeling too.... Hahaha....

    I love when people need my help, wants to talk with me, or want to go out with me, or whatever. I love my phone ringing, it makes me look a busy person.

    Joned

    ReplyDelete