Wednesday, March 18, 2009

2009 Goals

I haven't really been the type of person that sets New Year Resolutions/Goals and 2009 was no different.  However, this past weekend I was talking with a friend of mine about my coming out to my parents and I made the comment, "...this certainly wasn't on my list of things to do this year".  I said that and then realized, what do I want to do this year?  I've been thinking about that and I don't want to create a list that is so unattainable that it's depressing but also I decided that I wanted to list out a few things that I did want to accomplish so that I feel like I have something to work towards and can also feel some sense of accomplishment.

That being said, in 2009 I'd like to:
  • purchase a nice digital slr camera and get better with photography
  • attain either a different position within my full-time job or a new career path altogether
  • seriously go through my personal belongings and donate unused items to less fortunate
  • visit my sister in Seattle, my friends on the reservation from my mission, spend at least half a day in the mountains surrounding Silverton, Colorado
That's it for now.  If I can accomplish these items in 2009 while still working enough hours to support my needs, including these things, I feel that I would be a better person.  Do I feel that I will be less of a person for not accomplishing them? No, not at all.  However, I can already feel my passion for accomplishing them growing and it's exciting to me!

Happy 2009!

2 comments:

  1. I have wanted to get a nice SLR for a couple of years now. Sadly, I want to do landscape photography and LA isn't exactly the ideal location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought for a long time that I need to spend more time with my camera. I've got some photography knowledge and experience that I'd be happy to share if you need any help with #1. (Sorry, I can't help with the "buy a camera" part) :)

    ReplyDelete