I wanted to write a quick update on my blog and as I went to write a title, everything I wanted to title this post has already been used so I'm just using today's date.
The last few weeks have been very good to me overall. Some of you reading may think contrary to this because I've shared with you some of my struggles but I count myself blessed to have been able to do that. Overall, life is going well. A week ago Friday I came out to one of my sisters. I would probably say that this sister and I are the closest of any of my sisters. I hadn't planned on telling her but it came out. I really glad it did. She's so amazing. I couldn't ask for a better sister. She and I were im'ing last night and she asked if she could come to the next Matis fireside with me. I said yes but for some reason it makes me nervous having her there. As I thought about it today I think it's mainly because for so long it's been something that only I have dealt with, on such a personal level and now someone else, other than me, will be involved. Anyway, I'm excited to have her come and I'm more excited that she wants to come.
My parents are doing well with things I think. We haven't really talked about it specifically. My mom will ask questions like, "How are you doing with everything else?" and I know what she is referencing so I offer an encouraging answer to try to help her mind be at ease some.
Other than that, I've went snowboarding twice last week and am planning on going skiing this Tuesday and possible snowboarding on Friday if I'm lucky.
Tonight I had the great pleasure of making a new friend. It was incredible how much we had in common. It was so nice talking with this guy and being able to openly discuss life and what we all go through. How grateful I am for friends.
Thank you so much to all of my friends. You are truly gems and I wouldn't be where I am today without you all. I love each of you individually so much as well as collectively as a whole. You mean so much to me.
Love,
Andy
Yay for making a new friend!
ReplyDeleteYou deserve all the good friends you can get. You are the real gem (from the gem state by the way:)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on coming out of the closet to your sister. She must be an amazing woman.Aren't sisters wonderful?
ReplyDeleteAlso, I've been to several ofthe Matis firesides. They really are wonderful aren't they?
I no longer have any friends that go or want to go with me, but I bet you're making lots of friends there.
I'm proud of your progress and enjoyhearing about it.
YAY!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you! It has been to long since we've really talked. Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen until I'm out of school. Let's plan to talk soon...
ReplyDeleteLove ya dude!
That's so awesome man. I just had a good 30 min conversation with my closest sister yesterday and we finaly talked a lot about this and she asked a lot of questions. I'm excited to see you this upcomming monday...and maybe your sister. Love you man and I'm so glad that you feel fortunate and blessed. We definately do have a lot of blessings. You're awesome man. Love you for sure. :)
ReplyDelete