*disclaimer: its late and I know I should be sleeping so please forgive any errors below.
You know how some friends you are able to place a sort of "value" on? Such as, if I had to, I could give this friend up for this benefit in my life, whatever form that benefit comes in.
Well, over the past few years I have slowly been gaining friends who I don't think I can put a value on. Sometimes these friends don't quite understand how much I value them and I suppose that is partly my fault for not communicating that but regardless, they can't get rid of me. I'm not going to mention specific names but those of you who fall into this category should know who are. Anyway, I recently added a new person to this group.
I recently met this guy who has added value to my life that I didn't even know I was missing. I'd love to mention his name so that everyone could benefit of his goodness but he's very humble (and the real humble not the fake humble like me :) ). This guy is so intelligent and easy going and inspiring and thoughtful and encouraging and just amazing. I've always thought quite a lot of myself (see my humility shining through) and considered myself to basically be one of the reasons the world spins (okay, even I'm not quite THAT conceded) but this person really could possibly be that great...and genuinely humble too.
I bring this up because I am so grateful for people for such as this friend....for people who have made such an incredible impact on my life over the recent years that I don't know that I could ever place a value on their friendship. Lately I have really appreciated these people and what they are to me even without them knowing that they're doing anything. How blessed my life really is.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
It really is amazing how some people can have such a lasting impact on our lives. And I don't know about you, but for me it always seems like it's those people I would least expect to have that kind of impact.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to have some truly high-quality people in my life who I don't believe I could place a "value" on. What a sad life I would have without them.