Sunday, October 19, 2008

Always going up hill....

As I was pondering about what to reference my blog by, I thought of tons of different of options. I finally settled on, "alwaysgoinguphill" and did so for many reasons. As some can relate, life can sometimes seem this way, that we are always going up hill. The main reason I chose this line was this: whether you're hiking, biking, running, skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling, or driving uphill, the view is always amazing from the top. I believe this can be true with life. As hard as life can get, and as "uphill" as it seems to be, if we will keep going and make it to the top, what a view we will see. We will be able to see not only how far we have come and the path we took to get there, but we will also be able to see others who have worked as hard or harder to get to the top and we will be able to learn from them and the paths they took. That being said, let's join together on our path upward and though it may be harder, or steeper, at times, I promise you it will be worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Something I love about climbing a hard mountain or slope (I've climbed a lot of real ones - not metaphorical) is that sometimes, you get bogged down and you question if you want to keep climbing, but if you turn around, the view you see only gets better the higher you climb until you're at the crest and you can see from both sides. But even before you get to the top, your view is splendid and it only gets better and better. So if we have a time when we run out of energy or heart, we can (if we will) take a moment to appreciate the progress we've made and the view offered to us.

    Anyways, that's what your post made me think of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man....you're so inspiring. Thanks for posting this. I really liked your analogy. Your reminder to, "take a moment to appreciate the progress we've made and the view offered to us" is so important and essential to our happiness. Thanks a lot man.

    ReplyDelete