Sunday, October 19, 2008

Let's get it started...

Well, here I am, doing something that I'm not 100% sure is such a good idea but I'm doing it. I have been so greatly inspired by countless other people who are publishing blogs containing their personal feelings and hopes and dreams and I feel a little selfish that I'm just taking and not giving anything back.

I'll start with answering my title question, "What Makes Me Who I Am?". Wow....whoever asked that question should have thought twice before doing so ;). As I am sure is the case with a lot of people, the answer to this question can be quite complicated but I'll try to keep it simple.
  1. My name is Andy
  2. I'm 27 and live in Sandy, Utah with two roommates. One of my roommates is my best friend and I think very highly of him and have a great deal of respect for him.
  3. I am LDS. I consider myself fairly active, though, because of my work schedule with working two jobs, I don't go to FHE or many activities outside of church on Sunday and even church is cut short often times to get to work on time. I went on a mission to Albuquerque, New Mexico from Oct 2000 - Aug 2002. It was an amazing experience and one that I shall not soon be forgetting.
  4. I love my family. I have two amazing parents, five sisters, one brother-in-law (and a soon to be ex-brother-in-law), four nieces and two nephews. My family is a major source of inspiration in a lot that I do in life. Without my family my life wouldn't have as much meaning and I think it would be harder to find a lot of purpose.
  5. I'm gay. Wow. That's an interesting experience typing/saying that. I'm currently working out how best to live my life as a Latter-Day Saint while working through the struggles of and trying to learn more about Same Gender Attraction (SGA) or Same Sex Attraction (SSA) or whatever it's being called presently.
  6. I love being outdoors. I ski and snowboard, enjoy running, biking, hiking, walking, and even just sitting somewhere outside. I recently went to Moab, UT and was gently reminded how blessed we are to live in this beautiful area and to be completely immersed in God's creation. I don't play many sports though I do enjoy watching baseball, basketball, tennis and the occasional golf game.
I think that about sums it up for me for now. I'm very excited to have started this blog. I am already encouraged by the potential for good that I feel from having this venue to express myself.

Thanks to all of you who have inspired this.
Andy

2 comments:

  1. You're awesome man. I'm excited you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy: Just found your blog. Welcome to the family. Looks like you love, and think, and do, and feel many of the same things many of the rest of us do. I look forward to reading your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete