Sunday, October 26, 2008

Special Purpose

Today was a great day. I had to work for a few hours which wasn't ideal but after work, my roommate and I and a couple of friends went up to Snowbird for their final Friends & Family Day where you can ride the tram for a can of food. While we driving up there, during our time up there, and while driving back, I thought some more about what my purpose is in this life and why I was blessed with this trial of SGA. At one point, my thoughts focused heavily on my Patriarchal Blessing. There is something in that blessing that I have worked to figure out the meaning of for a number of years but more so during the last eight years. I received my blessing when I was 14 years old and though I read it often, this one area hadn't stuck out to me as much as it has recently. There is a part that reads, "Because of the challenges that have come into your life, you will be able to counsel many who have handicaps and problems, doing so with understanding and knowledge, and they will appreciate your teaching and training." Now, I have had my fair share of physical ailments and have had 8 surgeries to correct those things. However, I have been so reassured of yet another purpose of my life through this guidance. This idea of counseling many who have problems, and doing so with understanding and knowledge, is amazing. It gives me more purpose in my experience and my future knowing that while my past may not be something I'm 100% proud of, it has a purpose and my experience can be used for good. I have once again been reading "in quiet desperation" and can't help but feel that the experiences of Fred & Marilyn Matis as well as those of Ty Mansfield have a similar purpose. That may be obvious and perhaps it doesn't even need to be said but how grateful I am for their willingness to share of their trails and experiences. I am sure that they have absolutely no idea how many people are lifted up by their examples and guidance. I hope that I can be like that in my life. I hope that the people which I associate with are better people because of our interactions. I try to make it a goal for my life to become a better person by chosing quality people to associate with and I hope that I am able to return the favor that other's provide to me. Of course, the ultimate person to have in our lives, to help us better ourselve is our Savior, Jesus Christ, and may we never forget to involve in our lives.

Thanks for reading.
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment