The hooting and the hollering, back and forth with the arguing
Where you from, who you know, what you make and what kind of car you in
Seems as though you lost sight of what's important when depositing
Them checks into your bank account and you up out of poverty
Your values is in disarray, prioritizing horribly
Unhappy with the riches 'cause you piss poor morally
Ignoring all prior advice and fore warning
And we mighty full of ourselves all of a sudden, aren't we?
Where you from, who you know, what you make and what kind of car you in
Seems as though you lost sight of what's important when depositing
Them checks into your bank account and you up out of poverty
Your values is in disarray, prioritizing horribly
Unhappy with the riches 'cause you piss poor morally
Ignoring all prior advice and fore warning
And we mighty full of ourselves all of a sudden, aren't we?
I really like this section for a few reasons. I like that he makes the point that the material things in this life aren't what's really important. The next thing I like that he says is in the second part of this section. "Unhappy with the riches 'cause you piss poor morally" is an important lesson to be learned in life I feel. It's been said many times before that all of the money in life won't make you happy and that is such a true statement. You really have to be living a good life to be happy. The great thing for us is that what constitutes a great life is different for each us and when all is said and done, only we can answer if we're living a great life. The last point he touches on is being prideful. I'm sure we all go through times when we're feeling pretty happy with ourselves but it's so important to not let that overtake us.
You may be asking yourself, "Did he really just try to preach from a rap song" and the answer to that is "yes". There is good to be found in almost everything....you just have to look.
Andy
Andy, What a great blog. You are a thoughtful person and I can feel your spirit coming through your words. I look forward to further posts.
ReplyDelete