Monday, November 17, 2008

As long as it's a girl....

So, my grandma is getting older and her memory is going. Along with that she has developed more of an attitude than she's had in the past. It's always fun to visit her because she's pretty feisty. So, I called her last night with the intention of tracking down my parents but also because I haven't talked with her in quite a while. We caught up on things some and then the conversation went like this:

Grandma: So, Andy, do you have a girlfriend?
Andy: No, I don't Grandma.
G: How old are you now?
A: I'm 27.
G: It's time.
A: It's time huh? Time for what? (ha ha ha)
G. It's time for you to find a nice girl and settle down.
A: Oh, I get it. I'm working on that Grandma.
G: Well, don't wait to long. The older you get the less picky you can be.
A: I know. I'm looking.
G: Well, it's fine, just find the right one....(pause)...just as long as it's a girl
A: Ha! (shocked!) Just as long as it's a girl huh grandma? Okay....I'll keep that in mind.

I about died laughing. I don't know if she's trying to be funny or perceptive? Maybe the veil's just getting thinner and she's being told secrets from the other side? I love my grandma!

4 comments:

  1. Ya gotta love grandmas like yours. There is an old lady in my ward who thinks she is my grandma. She comes up to me every Sunday, asks how her grandson is doing, hugs me, and kisses me on the lips. I'm beginning to feel like her grandson!

    And, by the way, I suspect she is perspective and would love you either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandma doesn't do that to me. But other peoples grandmas do. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I'm not sure if this is entirely appropriate- I've been doing quite the "blog stalking" lately, but running across this post really, just completely let me... smile.

    Thank you. This doesn't happen often, these days, anymore. Thank you.

    -Avery

    p.s. Excellent musical tastes.

    ReplyDelete