As we go through life, I believe we are constantly defining who we are. I know that this is the case for me and from what I can tell, it's the case for many others. That being said....here I go.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Best birthday ever.....well, I'm sure it's up there at least :)
Yep, today was my birthday and it's about over. I wanted to just take a minute and recount what a great day it was. I worked about 15 hours today which put me at about 60 hours since Monday. That wasn't the best part. I have some great sisters who did some really nice things for me today. I received a very nice birthday/christmas gift from my best friend recently which I have enjoyed immensely. Some funny stuff happened at work today which made the day fun. Tonight, however, I received a gift that could almost mean the most to me out of anything. There is an associate that I work with that I love. She is amazing. She is simple, honest, a good friend, kind to everyone, a hard worker and purely genuine. There are often days when she'll come up to me and say, "Andy, come here, I need an Andy hug" and I'll give her a hug and off she'll go. She found out about a week ago that my birthday was today and has been telling me that she has a surprise coming for me on my birthday. I've been worried. Tonight finally came and as she walked over to where I was working she had the biggest grin on her face. She was happy. She gave me a card and little present. The card was perfect as it was a Hoops & YoYo card. If you don't know who that is you need to learn....and quick! I love Hoops & YoYo. The gift, was a little box wrapped in tin foil with a ribbon tied around it. I smelled it wondering if it was some kind of treat and she said, "You may want to put some of that on" and I instantly thought, did she really by me cologne?! I proceeded to open the gift and as I saw the box, I knew what it was. A small bottle of Preferred Stock. I was honestly and truely touched. I will probably never open the bottle and that's okay. This lady, probably at least in her mid 40's, single, living on a very humble income, pulled enough together to get me an audio card and a small bottle of Preferred Stock after shave. I will never forget this gift. I hope that as I continue through this life, I can grow to be more like her. She is truly a gift from Heaven in this troubled world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Andy, happy birthday, a day late. :) I am glad you had a nice day- everyone deserves that for their birthday. :) I am glad you were born and thank you for the continuing contributions you make to my life.
ReplyDeleteHappy day! Duck