"How do we deal with a circumstance we never bargained for - and worse, that we never prepared for - that seems to affect all the members of our family and even our standing in society? The answer is simple and yet so often so very hard to achieve: By applying the principles of the gospel and knowing we are precious in the eyes of God, we can attain peace and happiness."How amazing. I felt almost as if she wrote that specifically for me! My favorite part was, in my opinion, a very real statement that we can attain peace and happiness. She never claims that we can solve all of our problems through living the gospel but rather we can find peace and happiness. How many of us are looking for those two things as an end result. Whether we're looking to overcome our SGA feelings or we're looking to fully embrace them or a balance of the two, we're doing so for peace and happiness.
I hope that you who are reading this will be sure to call on me if I can ever help you in attaining peace and happiness. You have done so much for me and I would be more than willing to repay the favor.
Good night. :)
Andy,
ReplyDeleteThanks for this post. I've always (well, for the month I've known you) appreciated how open you are to talking to people and helping them feel better. It really means a lot. I know that we can attain happiness in spite of our trials. Thanks for reminding me of that.
Andy, Peace is exactly what I desire most, and for the most part feel now.
ReplyDeleteLove you man,
Bravone