Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chicken

For those of you who instantly thought, "What did Andy try to do but couldn't at the last minute because he's a chicken?" I'm sorry to disappoint you.  This morning in the shower I was pondering some of the blog posts that I've read recently and decided to post a rather light posting this morning.  This post is dedicated to chicken.  As some of you may get to know me better you will learn that I love chicken.  Some of my favorite days are when I get to have chicken for all three meals (and it's happened on more than one occasion).  You may be thinking to yourself, "Chicken for breakfast? Gross!" but you must not have ever tried the chicken mini's at Chick-fil-A!  Oh those tender morsels of chicken, hand breaded and cooked fresh; hand wrapped in a fresh baked roll and then lightly basted with honey butter....mmmm!  My fellow bloggers, let's put our worries aside and for just a moment let's reflect on the goodness that is chicken.  Feel free to share your favorite way to eat chicken or favorite recipe that you use when making a chicken meal or perhaps just a favorite chicken story (chopping off the heads is okay...I'm still a realist).  :)

6 comments:

  1. This post really brought a smile to my face! I have to go to work, but I have a lot to say about chicken. Later on tonight, I'll write some more about it. Thanks for keeping me smiling man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chopping heads off chickens. Haven't done that for years! I love chicken too. I am a breast man myself. (did I really just say that?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiddeninthelight...I can't wait to hear what you have to say!

    Bravone...you crack me up. That's the perfect line. I wish I would have been so clever as to include that somewhere in my post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I think about it, I don't really have a whole lot to say about chicken that is worthwhile. I love it, though! I served my mission in the South, and they love fried chicken. I remember I had it almost everyday for the first few weeks. Consequently, I put on 35 pounds in 3 months. I once had some homemade fried chicken that wasn't all the way done, and I bit into a bloody piece. That really turned me off to it for a bit. I had been fasting all day, and then all I had was a piece of chicken with a pool of blood in it. Sick.
    I had a Tongan companion who had a chicken for every meal of the day. He would just boil it in water and eat it like that. That was kind of gross. He taught me how to eat wings the Tongan way, where you stick the whole thing in your mouth and then pull out only the bone. It was awesome.
    I used to work at a restaurant that made cranberry-cream cheese-chicken sandwiches. Those were amazing.
    I think chicken is really the best meat. Yep. That's about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more thought....mostly about fried food. People in the south loved fried food all together. I went to a fair and had fried twinkies and fried oreos. Yeah, I thought I would have a heart attack. Honestly, if it is edible, they'll fry it. Peanut Butter cups, snickers, anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my heck...that's hilarious. I can understand how much people love fried foods. I myself used to be an avid fryer but thankfully I haven't used my fryer in almost two years!

    I do love chicken though and that sandwich sounds great! :)

    ReplyDelete