Thursday, December 18, 2008

Time - Question

The president of the company where I work just stopped by my desk and had an interesting discussion with me that I wanted to solicit your feedback on.  He mentioned that of time.  He said that he has come to think of time as a force rather than just "something".  He continued to point out that time has the ability to remove, specifically, that of events in our lives that time removes those events from our lives.  He then poised the question of how do you best learn to go with time.  He related this question to the experience of Nemo's dad in Finding Nemo when they are trying to find the appropriate undercurrent that will take them where they want to go. 

I have my response that I will post in a couple of days but I wanted to get some of your feedback first.

1 comment:

  1. This is a tough question, Andy: how does one go with time? In my mind, I am always aware of time. In my employment, in my travels, in everything I do, I am trying to gage what is the appropriate time I will need to "get there".

    When I have an uncomfortable situation I am facing, I try not to look at it with trepidation, but rather think, "In x minutes(or hours or days), this will be over and will just be a memory."

    I do not know if I am even coming close to your question or an answer. My mind takes in time a lot differently than most people because of the various things I have experienced in my life.

    I look forward to hearing your response and the responses of others.

    Take care. Duck

    ReplyDelete