Saturday, December 6, 2008

Wonderful Evening

What a night. Tonight was the Matis' Christmas Program. I had been practicing a song to play at the program but never told anyone about it because I wasn't sure if I'd be going or not. I took my music with me tonight to the program just in case I had a chance to play it but perhaps next time. I really enjoyed the evening though. A poem was shared tonight that really touched me and I'd love to have a copy of it. The highlight of the evening, however, was meeting some of my fellow bloggers. Two in particular really had a profound impact on me that I'm very grateful for. Last weekend I was in a really tough place and I'm glad to not be there anymore. How thankful I am for good friends. There are some amazing people in this world, and you know who you are, that have been my friend without ever meeting me. I really wish I could have stayed longer and visited with my friends more as it's such a boost. Next month's activity won't come soon enough! ;)

On my way to and from the program tonight I listened to Hilary Weeks' CD If I Only Had Today. I've listened to it quite a bit in since I recently bought it and have really grown to love this cd. Tonight on the way home her song called "Take Me There" came on. I hadn't really ever gotten this far into the cd because I usually had arrived at my destination before getting this far into the album but I was very glad to listen to it. The song goes like this:
There is a place where every teardrop that falls is counted
And every piece of the heart that's been broken is put back together
A place where healing begins
And the hurting ends

Take me there
I'm ready to go
'Cause I can't carry this by myself anymore
Wrap me up
Hold me tight in Mercy's arms
Let Your sweet peace
Pour over me
And heal my soul
On the wings of this prayer
Take me there

There is a place where the past doesn't cast any shadows
Where love fills the corners of the heart and little by little
Dreams dare to be dreamed again
But only broken know the way there
'Cause they've walked Redemption's road

I need Your name
I need Your grace
Oh to lead me to that place
Please take me to that place
Where You can heal my heart
Where You can heal my soul
Where You can heal me
When this song came on, I couldn't help but think of the great friends I have through this blog. You have helped me get to a place where healing can take place. You help me look beyond the shadows that darken my past. Your love has filled the corners of my heart. You have helped me dare to dream again. I hope that everyone made it home safely from the program tonight. More importantly, I hope that our Heavenly Father blesses you with the righteous desires of your hearts.

4 comments:

  1. Dude! It was so fun to meet you tonight. I loved it!
    "You have helped me get to a place where healing can take place. You help me look beyond the shadows that darken my past. Your love has filled the corners of my heart. You have helped me dare to dream again. "
    That pretty much sums it up for me. Thanks bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks man...i agree. glad to see you guys made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy, It was worth the whole trip to meet you in person. You are as wonderful as I had imagined. Thanks for spending time talking with me. You are awesome.

    Bravone

    P.S. If you get a copy of the poem, I would love to have it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was glad to be able to meet you as well. Sarah and I are going to have to figure out how to work things so that we can make it to more Matis events (we haven't gone in the past because we weren't sure about leaving the kids alone on Monday nights).

    I wish we had had more time to visit. Maybe next time. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete